Thanks for entering the Documentary Family Awards. It takes nerves and a willingness to be vulnerable to share your work with the world and for that, we are incredibly grateful.
What to expect next
- Once submissions have closed for this round, the preliminary round guest judges will thoughtfully review each photo and series submitted.
- Each judge will choose their top 30 photos from each category, and these photos will move on to the final round of judging.
- The final round of judging will take place in an all-day live-stream event where the final round judges will look through the entirety of photos that were chosen during the preliminary round of judging. During this broadcast, you’ll be able to watch the actual judging process, including educational conversations surrounding the photos submitted.
- If you don’t see your photo during the live-stream of judging, it doesn’t mean that your photo wasn’t received. What it means is that your photo wasn’t chosen by one of the guest judges during the preliminary round of judging.
- The broadcast of the final judging will be live-streamed to the public on our website. You do not need to enter the awards to watch the broadcast while it is live streaming.
- If you aren’t able to tune in to the live-stream, you’ll still be able to watch a recording of the judging! Everyone who submits a photo will receive a free subscription to the most recent video archive so they can re-watch the judging process.
- The date of the live-stream broadcast is usually 3-4 weeks after submissions end. Keep an eye on your inbox for an email announcement with the exact date of the broadcast.
- Should you have additional questions, join our Facebook group and make a post. You may also email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, thanks for your submission!
THE TEAM @ Documentary Family Awards
Adding extra photos to your submission
You can add as many additional entries as you like using the linked form below.